Although he’s been very low-key lately, it is an open secret that Kanye West has never been one to shy away from saying what he thinks and just doing “Kanye” things. From self love to innovation, career and general living, we bring you 15 of the most inspiring quotes from Yeezy himself. Thanks to fan account, TeamKanyeDaily who curated 60% of these quotes on Twitter.
- “I always felt like I could do anything. That’s the main thing people are controlled by. They’re slowed down by their perceptions of themselves. If you’re taught you can’t do anything, then you won’t do anything. I was taught I could do everything.”
- “Criticism can bother you, but you should be more concerned if there’s no criticism. That means you’re too safe.”
- “To let your life be controlled by public opinion would be like asking to sit in traffic for the rest of your life.”
- “If you have the opportunity to play this game called life, you have to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don’t appreciate their moment until it’s passed”
- “Keep your nose out the sky, keep your heart to God, and keep your face to the raising sun”
- “I refuse to accept other people’s ideas of happiness for me, as if there’s a ‘one size fits all’ standard for happiness.”
- “We’re all gonna die one day. So, live like that. Live like you could die tomorrow. You know? Go for it.”
- “People in this world shun people for being great, for being a bright color, for standing out. But the time is now, to be okay with being the greatest you”
- “I care about innovating. I don’t care about capitalizing off of something that we’ve seen or heard a thousand times.”
- “If you’re too busy pointing fingers at each other, instead of holding hands, you can’t get anything done.” – Kanye.
- “I appreciate everyone’s opinion, but I refuse to have a lesser opinion about myself.”
- “Why not start figuring out ways to change the way we treat each other? The way we talk to each other, the way we talk about each other. To love each other. You know it starts off with self-love. We have to love ourselves before we can love anybody else.”
- “My goal, if I was going to do art, fine art, would have been to become Picasso or greater. That always sounds so funny to people, comparing yourself to someone in the past that has done so much, and in your life you’re not even allowed to think that you can do as much. That’s a mentality that suppresses humanity.”
- “People always tell you, ‘Be humble. Be humble.’ When was the last time someone told you to be amazing? Be great! Be awesome!”
- “I believe in me, just believe in you. Let me do me. You like it? Cool. You don’t? Fast forward”
Believe in yourself… Don’t let anybody dictate for you what you can do and can’t do, you are in charge of your life and you should use all the talents that you have been blessed with. Get your Kanye on!