“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” ~Hippocrates
Eating a wide variety of power foods is a great way to stay healthy. Healthy eating helps you grow, stay fit and free from diseases. Include the following foods in your everyday diet and watch changes in your health.
- Oats: Oats healthy foods and are a good source of carbohydrate, high in soluble fiber and linked to lowering blood pressure and overall cholesterol levels. They are also a great source of quality plant protein helping with muscle growth and repair. Eating oatmeal reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Apple: Apples are loaded with antioxidants, which protect our cells and help reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. Research has it that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” The apple and skin are higher in fiber than a lot of other fruits, which can help with weight loss by improving satiety.
- Green tea: Green tea contains a powerhouse of antioxidants. Its antioxidant values are shown to be higher than those measured in fruits and vegetables. Green tea contains high doses of catechin, an antioxidant shown to help prevent cell damage in the body.
- Beans: Beans are up there on the healthy foods list. Beans are excellent source of soluble fiber and good carbohydrate to eat daily. Soluble fiber helps the heart by soaking up cholesterol before having a chance to stick to the artery wall.
- Cinnamon: it is an healing spice, improves blood sugar in people suffering from diabetes. It is high in manganese, iron, calcium, and fiber all beneficial to the body.
- Blueberry: It is a top antioxidant that helps defend against urinary tract infections, cancer, heart disease, dementia, and macular degeneration. Blueberries are also high in water, providing hydration to the skin and cells of the body.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is considered a healthy dietary fat was shown to reduce the risk of heart disease. The primary fat found in olive oil is monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs). Olive oil has been linked to lowered insulin levels, blood sugar control.