Do you desire to gain weight? Gaining weight or adding muscle can be just as difficult as losing weight for many people. However, simply adding certain foods to your diet can make your weight gain efforts both healthy and more effective. The single most important nutrient for gaining healthy weight is protein. High-protein foods include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts and others. Protein supplements like whey protein can also be useful if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet. Whether you are clinically underweight or just struggling to gain muscle weight, here are 6 foods to help you add healthy weight:
- Whole-grain Bread: This is a good carb source to help you gain weight. You can make some very simple, high-calorie and well-balanced meals by combining bread with protein sources such as eggs, meat and cheese.
- Milk: Milk has been useful as a weight gainer or muscle builder. It provides a good balance of proteins, carbs and fats and is a good source of calcium, as well as other vitamins and minerals. For those trying to add more muscle, milk is an excellent protein source that provides both casein and whey proteins.
- Rice: Rice is a convenient, low-cost carb source to help you gain weight. It is also fairly calorie-dense, meaning you can easily obtain a high amount of carbs and calories from a single serving. This helps you eat more food, especially if you have a poor appetite or get full quickly.
- Red meats: Red meats are probably one of the best muscle-building foods available. They are one of the best natural sources of dietary creatine, which is possibly the world’s best muscle-building supplement. The fattier the meat, the more calories you will take in and the closer you are to your weight gain goals.
- Avocados: Avocados are loaded with healthy fats. Unlike other whole fruits, avocados are fairly calorie-dense and therefore a great food to help you gain weight. Just one large avocado provides around 322 calories, 29 grams of fat and 17 grams of fiber. Try adding avocados to your main meals and other dishes such as omelets or sandwiches.
- Eggs: Eggs are one of the healthiest muscle-building foods on the planet. They provide a great combination of high-quality proteins and healthy fats. It’s also very important to eat the whole egg. In fact, almost all of the beneficial nutrients in eggs are found in the yolk. There’s no limit to the number you should eat in a day, and they’re full of nutrients.
Healthy weight gain is the keyword here. You have to be careful not to make yourself susceptible to diseases in your quest to gain weight. Therefore, it’s absolutely essential to eat healthy foods and live an overall healthy lifestyle. Like we’d always say, be sure to consult your doctor or nutritionist before starting any diet plan.
More posts for a healthy lifestyle here.
Written by Niyi Agbaje