So, adulthood seems hard. With many of our childhood hopes and dreams beginning to look like unrealistic fantasies as we come to realize that there’s more to life than we imagined and expected.
You know what makes adulthood harder? Lack of vision. Simply put, when you do know what you want or where you want to go. We all know what we want; we just doubt the possibility of it being a reality due to negative life experiences.
A vision board helps you stayed focused on achieving what you want. Sometimes, you’d have to work hard to get it, other times it happens naturally (this is what makes it so exciting). A vision board can span over whatever duration you deem fit – 3 months, 6 months, a year, a lifetime, etc. You get to decide because it is your vision, your board, your goals.
The New Year is coming in 31 days and this is actually a great time to create a vision board for the year 2021. Let us bounce back from the mishaps of this year and recuperating stronger by creating a vision board using these steps.
- Get a card board, placard or select a surface that is in conspicuous spot you can easily access or see it. You’d need scissors, glue and printed materials of what your goals look like. You can name it and include the time frame if you want.
- If you want to go digital, you can use the Save option on Instagram, Bookmark on Twitter, Pins on Pinterest, there’s also Canva or Over.
- Whatever method you are using, segment your goals into these areas of life; Career, Self-Development, Finances, Health & Wellbeing, Relationships, Spirituality, Travel and Others.
- If you are using the physical method, wherever you see images and words of people, activities or places associated with what you want to achieve make sure to cut it out and stick it on your vision board.
- For the digital option, make sure to save images, videos, posts, etc. under the appropriate segment created.
- You can also include quotes, affirmations and positive phrases said by your role models or the ones you have created for yourself.
Viola! You have created your vision board!
While creating, you may not have all the materials or recall everything at once but when you do, go ahead and add them anytime even if it is during the course of the timeframe set.
Most importantly, create your vision board WITHOUT FEAR. Whatever things that seem incredible, beyond your level or impossible as long as you desire that thing – put it on your board! Don’t be discouraged if the things you set to achieve for that time frame don’t not come through, it happens. Instead, move them to the next time frame while setting even bigger goals.