Ever wondered what makes some people successful whilst some others struggle? Well it involves cultivating the right habits. As much as there’s an element of luck, it’s majorly a product of hard work with certain habits.
Here are 7 habits of successful people you can adopt:
- Be Purpose-Oriented: Your purpose gives you a direction towards where you’re heading in life. Without it, you’ll end up living in someone else’s standards or follow the masses and never live up to your full potential. To get a clearly defined purpose, you need to create a vision in your mind’s eye; one you’ll have to follow daily. Your life purpose include details about every aspect of your life. Be sure you want these things and aren’t just doing what others expect you to do.
- Be Goal Oriented: You need to be a habitual goal setter, and dedicate yourself to working from clear, written goals every day of your life, forming daily habits. All highly successful people are intensely goal oriented. They know exactly what they want, they have it written down, they have written plans to accomplish it, and they both review and work on their plans as a daily routine.
- Result driven: This is another key habit of successful people. Result should be a driving force to achieving your goals. Continuous learning of what you do so you become better at it day after day. Time management is also key in this aspect. This involves setting very clear priorities on what you do and then concentrating single-mindedly on the most valuable use of your time.
- Health conscious: One aspect people tend to overlook is their health but this remains very crucial to success. How can you succeed if your health is in shambles? It goes down to watching your diet and eating right, exercising regularly, continually using every muscle and joint in your body to keep it limber and fit. Lastly, a good habit of quality rest and recreation to stay rejuvenated and keep the creative juices flowing.
- Self-discipline: Your ability to master yourself and be able to control yourself, is the most important single quality that you can develop as a person. The habit of self-discipline goes hand in hand with success in every area of life.
- Networking: Your network is your net worth is not just a quote, it is a proven fact! Successful people understand the value of exchanging ideas with others through networking. They also know the value of collaboration and teamwork – all of which are likely when you network. Successful people know the importance of surrounding themselves with other successful people. According to Thomas Corley, 79% of wealthy (successful) people spend at least five hours a month networking.
- Reading: It’s important to note that successful people read. While they also read for pleasure, most use their reading habit as a means to gain more knowledge. Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, Barack Obama, Chimamanda Adichie, Warren Buffett and so many other successful people all over the world have attributed reading as one of the reasons they’ve achieved success and remained successful.