Our oral health could either attract people or repel them. We are advised to take necessary precautions for maintaining it such as brushing at least twice daily, flossing after meals and avoiding certain foods.
Try any or all of these ten foods for the best of your oral health;
1. Cucumber – They have high water content and chewing on them helps clean the teeth. It also helps in restoring the PH balance of mouth providing your with healthy gums and nice breath.
2. Apple – According to dentists, Apple contains a Malic Acid which is a substances present in toothpastes as well for cleaning the teeth and getting rid of teeth stains.
3. Yoghurt – To control bad breath, dental experts an intake of six ounces of yogurt per day. This is because yoghurt is rich in probiotics which combat bacteria responsible for bad breath and mouth odour.
4. Green tea – Herbal green tea is very effectice in fighting plaque – causing bacteria and refreshing the mouth thereby putting a hold on mouth odour.
5. Sugar free gum – Chewing gum works quite well for ending bad breath but it must be without sugar. Continuous chewing on such gum increases the production of saliva defending the mouth against acid attack which our mouth is prone to after eating meals.
6. Carrot – Carrot is a healthy snack rich in Vitamin A; essential for strong teeth and building enamel. Chewing on carrot provides similar results to using toothbrush to brush your teeth and removing plaque.
7. Milk – Calcium, which is very present in milk protects the enamel and strengthens the teeth. This is one of the reasons why daily intake of milk is highly recommended amongst infants and children to prevent tooth loss.
8. Celery – Use this in place of unhealthy chips and snacks. Crunchy celery is not only great substitute for snacks but with each bite, you get to achieve cleaner, whiter teeth.
9. Ginger – In the prevention of gum inflammation, ginger is a reliable option. To also fight cavity, plaque and other oral infections, regularly chewing on raw ginger is an effective remedy.
10. Watermelon – This fruit is made up of 90% water and rich is Vitamin C, known for preventing gum diseases such as scurvy. Persons with Invisalign can chew on watermelon regularly where brushing the teeth often proves difficult.
Treating your oral hygiene as a priority helps boost your confidence and is a plus to your physical appearance. Don’t joke with it.