The year is almost over, scratch that, the year is over! less than 36 hours to 2014 *welp* .. There were so many beautiful dresses in 2013, designers and celebrities went all out as fashion got edgier and more interesting. However, we have chosen our favourite red carpet dresses from all over, to give you a recap of the year that was 2013.
2. It would be a sin not to include the ultimate Dior woman (no offence J-Law) Charlize Theron. She took our breaths away in this white Dior dress. Dior +Charlize = Perfection!
3. Who would have thought that Rihanna wouldn’t rebel against The Grammys and their dress code warnings? well, she made the best decision to wear this custom Alaia to the 2013 Grammy awards and snatched the red carpet award from everyone. Look at that train!
4. Nollywood queen, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and her famous backside make an appearance on the AMCVA red carpet wearing a custom Iconic Invanity gown. Tres fab!
5. Awwww.. Amy Adams put blush on the map with this lovely blush Marchesa gown at the Golden Globes. she just knows how to make us happy on the red carpet.
6. Bonang Matheba looked like she was telling her fashion minions to bow down to her royalty at the Channel O video awards red carpet. She sure looked like an Egyptian queen in her golden spiky dress.
7. Halle Berry sure knows how to rock a metallic Versace gown. she was all sparkly brilliance at this year’s Oscars. Oh my, we love us some Halle in this dress!
8. Jennifer Lawrence looked like a princess in this billowy Dior Couture gown.When you receive an Oscar for Best Actress, you sure want to be pictured wearing a beautiful dress and we believe J-Law got that down pat!
9. Eku Edewor was too gorgeous to be ignored in Bridget Awosika on the red carpet of Darey’s LLAM concert earlier this year.
10. The Queen of the red carpet! Jennifer Lopez has red carpet gown science in the bag like no other, she does it smoothly (95% of the time). We loved Jlo in this beautiful Zuhair Murad number, Jlo sure knows how to wear her some Murad!
11.Reality star and On Air Personality, Karen Igho worked with the designer on this beautiful black gown. Seeing as she killed it on the AMCVA red carpet, we can say that they did an awesome job.
12. It is fair to say that Kerry Washington and her stylists know their business. One place you wouldn’t have found the Scandal star in 2013 was the worst dressed list. That’s how much she ruled the red carpet, people look forward to see what Kerry would wear. This coral Miu Miu gown she wore to the Oscars was no exception.
13. Almost everybody’s girl crush is Kelly Rowland . She is too cute and that makes blinging the red carpet easier for her than many. Kelly wore this Georges Chakra dress to the Grammys and it catapulted her to all the best dressed lists. (Grammy dress code whaaaaatt?)
14. Rita Dominic is not just an A-list Nollywood actress, she has a cult following where her fashion sense is concerned. Rita brought on the”different” when she chose to wear this custom Moofa dress to the AMCVA awards. We don’t mind your different Rita!
15. This gown gave us so much joy at the Golden Globes, we decided to close with it. There is hardly a time when Kate Hudson will disappoint on the red carpet. Be it a movie première, Charity event or award red carpet, Ms Hudson knows how to bring it! She sure got it “brung” in this Alexander McQueen gown.