It’s hot girl summer season… Even the guys are not left out! So how do you get your hot girl summer self going on? It begins with a fit body! I have an aunt who constantly gushes at how fit I look and asks what magic I perform, as I am a renowned “chop chop” in the family. But it’s not magic; I work for it. People give excuses like “time, kids, and, laziness” as the reason they possess a calabash belly. Well, I think you should give yourself 30-45 minutes work-out session everyday. With dedication, hard work and consistency, you will be on your way to having that fit frame and have that every day hot girl summer body you desire.
Alongside the workout, you’d also need to cut down on some of your diet habits to give desired results faster. Such habits like eating late, drinking soda/carbonated drinks which include beers, eating a lot of carbs, not drinking enough water etc. Want to know why you need these exercises, not just for temporary things like hot girl summer because you will look good in clothes or it will improve your confidence all round but also strong sexy abs and lower-back muscles give you the stamina and strength.
So, I will be sharing some great exercise routines for that toned belly, firm thighs and solid backside you want. However, please make sure you do a proper warm up exercise before you start the routines so you do not hurt yourself.
- Sit Ups
This exercise is good for people with “1 big super pack”. It will help to trim up your excess belly fat and turn it to muscles (abs).
Learn to do sit ups right:
- Have your knees bent and the balls of your feet and heels placed flat on the ground.
- Put your hands behind your ears or head.
- Pull your shadow blades back so your elbows are not to the side.
- Brace your abs and then raise your body up towards your knees, shoulder should be lifted off the floor.
- Head always looking straight don’t let your chin touch your chest and do not pull your head forward.
- Roll back down to the starting point.
The plank is also good for belly fat trimming. It works all the muscles in your core, including the six pack muscle, hips and back etc.
How to do a plank
- Start by getting into a press up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearm and not on your hands i.e. your elbow should directly be under your shoulder.
- Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankle, toes on the ground.
- Engage your core by sucking in your belly button into your spine.
- Hold this position for the prescribed time (probably 5-10secs)
Squat is an exercise that trains primarily the muscles of the thighs, hips and buttocks. It boosts your performance especially for athletes and entertainers and also tones your backside, abs and entire body.
Best way to do squats
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart and your arms down by your side.
- As you are lowering into the squat, your arm will start to rise out in front of you for balance.
- Keep a neutral spine and never let your knees go over your toes.
- Your lower body should be parallel to the floor and your chest should be lifted at all times not rounded.
- Pause then lift back up in a controlled movement to the starting point.
Plunges are a good way to give yourself that bikini bod you crave for. The effects of this exercise can be seen in no time with shapely legs and backside.
Proper way to do lunges
- Stand up with your legs hip-width apart.
- Step forward with your right foot.
- Lift your left foot up slightly, so that the toe is in contact with the floor but your heel is not.
- Bend both of your knees at the same time at 90`.
- Pause in this position for 1-5 seconds.
- Push off of your right heel to rise
- Repeat with the left leg.
Now go and have a truly hot girl summer!
About The Writer
Ethel Neboh is a writer, budding TV & radio presenter. She also works a voice over artist and freelance model… She creates content for TV, Radio and Magazines and hopes to change the world, one story at a time.