You love your denim, and you want it to love you back. But denim can be tricky to take care of. It can fade, shrink, stretch, and tear if you don’t treat it right.
Denim is one of the most popular and versatile fabrics in the world. It can be worn for any occasion, from casual to formal, and it can suit any style, from classic to trendy. It can also last for a very long time if you know how to care for it properly. But denim is not like other fabrics. It has its characteristics and needs that require some special attention. You need to pay attention to your denim so it retains its color, shape, and quality.
It can also become damaged or worn out. That’s why we’ve created this comprehensive guide on how to care for your denim so that you can get the most out of it.
In this article, you will learn how to wash and dry your denim correctly, repair and mend any rips or tears, and recycle or repurpose your old denim. Whether you have a pair of jeans, a jacket, a skirt, or a dress, these tips will help you keep your denim in top condition.
By following these steps, you will not only preserve your denim but also enhance its beauty and personality;
- Check the care label for style-specific instructions.
- Machine wash on cold, flipping inside out to prevent color transfer.
- Steer clear of harsh soaps and bleach1. Use a gentle detergent, especially with darker-colored denim.
- Wash less, once every 10-wears at most to maintain fit and prevent too much “rebound”.
- Spot clean stains with a damp cloth or an old toothbrush with mild soap.
- Line dry your denim. Turn your jeans inside out and hang them in a shady space to prevent fading and avoid soggy pockets.
- Look to professional cloth menders for repairs instead of parting with your jeans. Repair rips and tears. They’re easily patched or sewn.
For more exquisite content on denim fashion, click HERE.