Dr Oby Ezekwesili is one of the many female leaders from all around the world who attended the 2017 International Women’s Forum leadership conference held from the 17th-19th, May in Stockholm.
The former VP of the World Bank and two-time minister of Nigeria who has been at the fore of the #BringBackOurGirls Campaign, did not just attend the IWF conference but also made Nigeria proud as one of the conference’s most memorable speakers on Friday the 19th of May.
Like always, she knocked it out of the park and we’ve listed out 5 of our favorite quotes from her insightful talk at the panel she was in:
1. “Don’t be voiceless when you have had the privilege of being educated. You can only become voiceless by choice. You must not make that choice”
2. “When I look at the world as it is, there’s a serious vacuum of leadership. The world is crying for leaders.”
3. “It’s time for women to become truly global.”
4. “A validated girl becomes an empowered woman. A girl who is validated by her father early, will be unstoppable. Male leaders who want to better their economies, must invest in women and girls”
5. “Girls should not just think outside the box, they should not see the box”
Photo Credit: IWF, Twitter