Ever heard of the Orange Cranberry Shortbread Cookies? It is heavenly. Treat yourself to the yummiest desserts this holiday season with these trusted recipes by Chef Tucker. Nothing feels quite as good as Christmas desserts.
Christmas desserts recipes you must try!
Orange cranberry shortbread cookies.
125g unsalted butter
180g plain flour
20g dried cranberries
3g orange zest
A pinch of salt.
– preheat oven to 160°c
– line a baking tray with parchment paper.
– In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Mix until creamy. Incorporate flour, zest and salt.
– transfer mixture onto a parchment and roll into a log. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
-slice up logs into 1/2 inches circles, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 20 minutes.
Glazed lemon pound cake
- 113g butter
- 227 sugar
- 4 eggs
- 227g cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 142g buttermilk
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 160°c
- Line a 7 by 9 loaf tin with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, lemon extract and lemon zest,mix until creamy
- Add the eggs one at a time till fluffy
- In another mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients together
- Alternate additions of buttermilk and flour until completely exhausted
- Add the fully incorporated mixture to the lined pans.
- Bake for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Glazed Cranberry- Lemon Cake
- 170g butter
- 3 cups cranberries
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160°c
- Spray the Bundt pan with cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- In another mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients together.
- Alternate the addition of the buttermilk and flour until completely exhausted.
- Add the fully incorporated batter to the sprayed Bundt pan
- Bake for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted in the mix comes out clean.
– For the glaze, incorporate the lemon juice and icing sugar, stir. Drizzle over chilled cake.
Get more exciting recipes you can try out this Christmas in our latest magazine issue. Download for free HERE
About the writer
Born and raised in Nigeria, Chef Tucker is the founder and head patissier of fast-rising boutique pastry company, Grey & Crimson in the heart of Lagos, Nigeria.
With great flare for pastries, he has delved deep into very modern takes on pastries and improving staple recipes. He’s popularly known for his salted caramel banana ‘bread’ and fruit cakes. He has trained and worked with several prestigious personalities and institutions. Connect with Chef Tucker on Instagram.